Sunday 9 December 2012

PHALAENOPSIS ORCHID SPECIES SEEDLING NURSERY

I finally got around to doing my Phalaenopsis Orchid Species Nursery for Seedlings!!
This was due to hearing about the extreme cold, ice and snow now coming out way in the UK!

Simply just thrown together in one of my Moss Gardens and given two lights, one 2.8 Watt LED and a 20 Watt light from Ikea. This sits on an 11 by 11 inch Heat-Mat used for reptiles and a 6 x 11 inch Heat Mat taped to back glass.

Maximum Night Time Temp - 18.5 Deg Celsius
Maximum Day Time Temp - 23.5 Deg Celsius
(December 9th Room Temperature 17 Degrees Celsius when Maximum Tested)

Humidity will be High and around 80 to 90%

I will open door each day to water so humidity will drop. May end up opening later in day too.

So the Phalaenopsis bellina, hieroglyphica, violacea, sumatrana, zebrina and parishii have all been placed inside along with my Trichoglottis pusilla.




No comments:

Post a Comment