Thursday 24 January 2013

Vanda coerulea Bud Opening Part TWO

Part two of the buds on my Vanda coerulea opening and the next ones will be posted sooner than you might think!

I have also added flash fill photos to show you how the colours of Vanda flowers can go from purple-mauve to blue in different light.

In the first photo you can see the outer edge of the 19.7 watt Toshiba E-Core Bulb. I am pretty impressed with the results using these and on low wattages too! Well herein lies the proof that you can grow as well as flower Vanda under artificial light in the UK without the need for a tiny heated greenhouse either?!

So many Garden Centres and Nurseries have missed out on this for so long, such a disappointment as had I have seen these beauties twenty years ago I would have got into them way back then!













No comments:

Post a Comment