Friday 12 July 2013

THE BLOTCHED PHALAENOPSIS IS WHITE

Well finally after stalling several times due to the temperatures. It hit the late 28 Degrees or more for a week and BOOM!

So it turns out that this one is the white one and I had forgotten what a good one I picked out?! Yes it may not be the rare one that is similar but with a yellow ground colour but once seeing this, this morning I do not mind, lol.

In fact I realised that here is yet ANOTHER Phalaenopsis to the left of it, you can see in one of the pictures, which has yet to flower?! SO this could be the elusive yellow one with purple blotches I thought lost?!

It is not totally identical in pattern to this one. In fact the large purple botches are smaller and confined to nearer the centre of the flower. Also there is a series of smaller round dots if I recall correctly and normally about four of them a little further out than the purple colour. But on the yellow background it looks quite unusual and exotic and caught th attention of another Orchid enthusiast I knew that used to be on my Facebook list.







No comments:

Post a Comment