Thursday 3 April 2014

ORCHIDS IN MY WINDOW

Ah now this is end of March like the other video I just uploaded.

Now this was a weird one whereby I have a mirror image on both sides made up of one Dendbrobium kingianum type, one Dendrobium nobile type and one Zygopetalum. Every year the two Dendrobium types flower around January February and all at the same time on each side.

Yet you can see clearly in the video that this year the left side flowered first while the right side flowered much later and one even failed altogether?!

I then realise that we had precious little sunlight and we had a couple of afternoons of sunlight and no mornings. This window is south facing and so an afternoon sund would hit the left side whereas a morning sun woulf hiut the right side.

This kind of threw me somewhat as they all get watered the same and fed the same so I was like 'wft?!' Lol!

My cream Dendrobium kingianum (labelled as such when I purchased it is in full flower here but I expected more flowers than this. Despite the fact there must be a hundred! Lol!

When I pan left to the Dendrobium Berry Oda (as labelled but obviously a hybrid kingianum) has but a few flowers left.

Oh and you can se that I have moved the Angry Wasp Orchid from upstairs in my bedroom to here?

My Cymbidiums have all ben placed in the garden now!


No comments:

Post a Comment