Wednesday 15 June 2016

QUEEN VICTORIA & HIEROGLYPHIC ORCHIDS

Well the Dendrobium victoriae-reginae is currently putting on its best ever show and even with the nineteen flowers all currently open it might just get a little bit better?

This is because there are no less than ten buds on it that have not opened and half of these not far from opening.

There are a couple of new canes that have sprouted from it but no roots yet, or Keikis. Not sure if this species likes having its keikis (new canes with roots) removed. I have done this with Dendrobium nobile but not looked it up with Dendrobium victoriae-reginaee.

Even if you can I am not sure that I would ... not yet anyway but if it ends up producing another haf a dozen then I might.

I do like this orchid.

I also like my species Phalaenopsis though I have only flowered to of the five or six that I have thus far. The fact that the Phalaenopsis hieroglyphica is now flowering fills me with confidence that the violacea, zebrina and sumatrana will do this year or next year too!

My Schoenorchis is still spiking with two spikes this year. That will make a cool little video.

Maybe my Trichoglottis pusilla will spike soon also? I seem to recall it flowering a little after the others did when it first flowered?






No comments:

Post a Comment