Sunday 7 October 2012

My Two Setups Work STILL in Progress

Well I will show pictures of my two Orchid arrangements, one in the south window and the other under the stairs well away from the window.

I will also explain more about the lighting I use currently, which averages around £30 a year give or take, recently reduced from about £60 per year.

This setup was quite inexpensive as I made it out of some surprising materials and items!

 
The shades are Exo Terra Glowlights supplied by Reptile Suppliers.
The light RIG is actually an adjustable height clothing rack I found and turned on its side and supported in place by the shelf underneath the table top?!

 
 
Below is my Bulbophyllum echinolabium I have moved out of a 'handmade in Poland' glass vase I do not trust as the other I bought, both from TK Maxx, exploded in my hand with no force whatsoever.

 
 
The big central glass vase is of high quality and intended to have a Blue Vanda hybrid in it, like a Sansai Blue, Delft Blue or New Blue but as yet I have not acquired one!


 
 
 
I failed to notice the previous photos were older ones and this setup now looks like this...
 

 
 
 
In the Moss Garden is the Bulbphyllum err bulb I knocked off, hopefully it will produce roots and become another plant?! No idea but it has remained like this for 6 months!

 
 
 
Some lichen I placed in the humidity tray in the setup beneath the stairs and seems to live there happily!



 
 
 
Back the the setup under the stairs..


 

No comments:

Post a Comment