Sunday 28 October 2012

Podangis dactlyoceras NEW PLANTS or KEIKIS

Forgot to check images before POSTING, lol.

Busy day here a few visitors that were unexpected and yet the one I DID expect did not arrive. Ce la vie.

Anyway KEIKI is an Hawaiian word for baby and if these were Bromeliads or Air Plants of Tillandsia (also Bromeliads) these would be called Pups.

This Podangis did produce a number of new leaves and I am really unfamiliar with this type and noticed it was doing something ... new. I initially thought it was about to flower again and that they were spikes but I thought they were too thick so I waited to see what was being produced.

It is producing two, could be three and hope it was, extra young plants which is pretty damn cool as when these have several fan like plants in different angles their shape looks much better plus they can produce a great deal of flowers. Roll on Spring 2013!

So with the arrival of Carnivorous plants forcing the Nikon into action I took these shots of it so everyone can see.

Incidentally Carnivorous Plants are good to have around Orchids for pest control and they like pure water or rain water too! be careful though as I am waiting to see what happens with the Sundews as I do not have a great deal of luck with them indoors.

Outside in my garden, however, is another matter entirely and they flower profusely and produce millions of seeds!









No comments:

Post a Comment