Tuesday 14 January 2014

THE RETURN OF THE ANGRY WASP ODONTOGLOSSUM

Finally my mystery Odontoglossum has flowered!!

Onbviously this is a hybrid probably Odontoglossum and Miltonia from the shape of the flowers?

Now I had thought that this one was a wine red and white Orchid that I purchased from Tesco last year, err or year before lol?!

But I then realised that it was yellow and not white I realised it was an Orchid I refer to as the Angry Wasp, just my pet name for it you could say. Because it looks like a wasp and many types or Orchids are supposed to resemble a group of wasps hovering about on a breeze while giving of chemicals to make them appear to be wasps to, well OTHER real Wasps!

We can not smell it but it IS there and Wasps can and this way the Wasps go over trying to attack these Wasps to oonly result in the Wasp pollinating the Orchid flower. This is why many Orchids are not scented. Well noy scented to the human nose, no lol.

Anyway here is the first of a couple of videos I will do of thise one which has overtaken my Dondrobiums as being the earliest flowering Orchid in the new year.

Never thought that would happen and a couple od Dendrobiums do have buds.

I will also get back on my Orchid hunt this year and keep you posted.

Oh I almost forgot I have a few Orchids inbound too which are completely different to anything I have currently or have had previously.

Keep you posted on that front too.


No comments:

Post a Comment