Wednesday 1 January 2014

TO FLOWER ORCHIDS AND AVOID GAS FIRES

A few pictures in case I forgot to post them up.

Have a few Orchids that are not far from flowering so at last soime activity on here and on my YouTube account will start to take effect, lol.

Dendrobium victoriae-reginae


Phalaenopsis Mini Hybrid spiking for the first time. As is the only other Phalaenopsis that I have not yet flowered. Many of my Orchids refused to flwer for a long period. This was me feeling sorry for an idiot and offereing my help which was not only taken but then abused in many ways.

That will not happen again I assure you. ;)

MINI PHAL SPIKE... This will be pink! Yes I know I am a guy but was the only bloody colour they had! Well yes I would have BOUGHT a WHITE ONE if they had one! LMAO!


These flowers went pure white and then died of before opening up completely. It also happened to the Dendrobium victoriae-reginae too and at the exact same time. There was a factor involved and this was a Calor Gas fire. I now do not use it as I did and moved it upstairs.

So just in case you think that a gas fire must be better because it will be warmer then no! Do not do it! Luckily it did not harm the plants themelves.


Since removing the gas fire from where it was to another floor one of the canes on my Dendrobium victoriae-reginae seems to have found some energy?! It seems to be growing up and will grow a bit more as the tip has two big leaves with two new leaves appearing next to them! You will normally get a new spurt of growth due to the pars of leaves appearing in nodes, which are normally at least an inch apart or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment