Saturday 31 January 2015

THE CYMBIDIUMS BUDS ARE OPENING

Well at long last the flowers are slowly appearing and the first lot of buds I spotted have been overtaken. One of the two spikes on one Cymbidium has had about three buds open with a few left on one spike, The other spike has had none of the buds open as yet.

The other one is turning out to be a red Cymbidium which I thought was a Lilac Cymbidium that today I started to recall a vision of throwing that particular Cymbidium out?! Odd, but then I do have this damned condition that cuses short term memory loss. Mind you it would have been over a year ago I thrrew it out.

I was expecting one of the three Cymbidiums that were orihginally one plant to be the one with the bigger buds but these are canary yellow flowers whereas these are clearly red. I purchased the two now flowering at the exact same time, oddly enough?!

I did a little video and will do another when all the buds have opened..


No comments:

Post a Comment