Sunday 11 January 2015

THE RETURN OF THE VANDA COERULEA & PAPHIOPEDILUM PRIMULINUM

After its best part opf a year sulk, due to carbon monoxide that I bloody well knew they would not like, the Blue Orchid of Vanda coerulea has flowered once again.

Now rather bizarrely it is at a totally different part of the year it has flowered before and it is in flower right now. Added to this is the fact that it only has two flowers and is by far the worst show of flowers it has had since I obtained it!

I am entirely convinced that in a few months it will flower again and will have over double the amount of flowers it has this time around.

Also and like the Bulbophyllum earlier in the year it bloody well flowered with both the flowers facing the wall!

Typical!

Also you will see my species Phalaenopsis still surviving in the video and my newly acquired Paphiopedilum primulinum which is a miniature sized Slipper Orchid flowers thats bright yellow?!

My brother very kindly purchased this for me at McBean's Nursey just outside Lewes in East Sussex when we found ourselves their unexpectedly just before Christmas.

I picked up those Odontoglossums in those tiny flasks (Urine Specimen Bottles) which should turn out to have a yellow flower in two years or so when they do flower?


No comments:

Post a Comment