Wednesday 21 November 2012

Future Orchid Plans

Now while I am waiting for my second lot of painkillers to take effect before I go out of the house I thought I would have a mention about what I would like to plan on doing in 2013.

If all goes well with some projects I have out there and some others I am working on it may well turn out that I can vastly increase the living space size of my Orchids and hopefully this will be a fair size and private greenhouse?!

It WILL look like a tropical rainforest of done and will house amphibians and likely reptiles too.

But first up there are some things I still want to acquire that I had planned to this year, and some the year before too!

I have a large glass vase, and want a second one, that I want to place a Blue Vanda hybrid in each as they look very showy like this. I previously had Vanda Sansai Blue but Vanda Magic Blue looks nice but I have seen one that looks very impressive called Vanda Delft Blue! A British Orchid nursery did say he was going to Anco and would pick one up but I did not hear from him and presumed he did not get there. Well he has spent the year refurbishing and moving to other premises from what he told me so likely did not get the time to do so.

Also I want to get some species like...

Dendrobium nobile and another ...
Dendrobium victoriae-reginae or two plus I have seen some interesting colours of ...
Dendrobium kingianum ...
Dendrobium senile
any small species of Dendrobiums

Dendrobium violacea different forms
Grammatophyllum speciosa just for the hell of it (world's largest orchid with over 10 feet span all directions?!)
Cymbidium devonianum (I think it was - a small species one I saw somewhere)
Psygmorchis pusilla 3 of for Moss Garden
Schoenorchis as I want more than the one I have
Vanilla (yes Vanilla is an Orchid and a climbing one at that!!) as I feel like I should have at least one of these
Odontoglossum hybrids like Phoenix March but better and have seen these and hard to find

So you can see my Orchids of choice are not restricted too but mainly of Phalaenopsis, Vanda, Dendrobium & Odontoglossums. But I also like particular things and there are one or two Cymbidiums I like and others scattered among other genus.

Sometimes I like the look of the plant with a half decent flower and sometimes it is primarily the flower. To get both together is what I look for and anything that is unusual but simply HAS to look like an Orchid with its flower. If it does not then I am not so keen on them which is likely the reason I went off Pelloric Phalaenopsis and only have one, though I did see one in my local Sainsburys (I think it was) that was actually quite nice and surprised me that I liked it?! I did not bring it home though as I have enough hybrid Phalaenopsis, with NINE in total. Space left is to add to the SIX species of Phalaenopsis I have! So fifteen Phalaenopsis with probably two on my wanted list!

Five Dendrobiums are in my collection along with two Vanda, two Zygopetalums, two Odontoglossums, two Cymbidiums and ANOTHER giant Cymbidium now turned into THREE plants. Oh and the Oncidium ... and the Trichoglottis ... oh and the Bulbophyllum of course. Erm and the Podangis, lmao.

Plus I had around ten deliberately stolen from me by an Orchid retailer on eBay, and some died as a result of becoming involved with him that included THREE Vanda Sansai Blue.

Yes I have and have had one or two Orchids, LMAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment