Thursday 15 November 2012

PHALAENOPSIS HYBRIDS LATEST ON SPIKES

Well took a picture in turn of all that have spikes out of my hybrid Phalaenopsis.

The 5 species are too young to produce any but maybe from Spring 2013 onwards there may be some action and of course stunning photos.

There are a few other things in spike and with new growth I will show in the following posts...

I have two other 'normal' size hybrids without spikes as far as I can tell but expecting them to appear. One mini hybrid and I cannot see a spike on that currently though without pulling them all out it is impossible to say for sure.

So here are 5 hybrids that have spikes..

Deep Red with Cream Edging and Specks this is an unusually large leaf hybrid

This is the Pelloric one that double spiked earlier in the year and doing it again. Cream with purple spots.


These following three become mixed up and I am hoping that two of them are the purple painted looking ones I found. One would be white and the other yellow but with large deep dark purple blotches that look really cool and like that is paint sprayed from a car paint spray gun...


Has to be said though I never bought anything that you would consider the usual suspects seen in supermarkets and indeed uniform colours I never purchased!

No comments:

Post a Comment