Wednesday 5 June 2013

A SPIKE ON MY SCHOENORCHIS FRAGRANS

Well I hope so but now I have been editing the pictures it looks like a leaf?!

Still whatever it is it is faster and more than it wqas two years ago and as many orchids in the Vandaceous group produce spikes after neaw leaves appear it may well me this year it flowers?!

Now it looked very much like a spike as it looked like a tiny Phalaenopsis bumpy spike and a lighter green than the leaves.

New leaves have always appeared darker green before but then I have increased the light recently and oddly have just done so again switching over a 12 Watt fluorescent for a 4 Watt 2700K LED bulb with a small screw mount.

Oddly enough I also have a 3 watt version too and yet I cannot buy a single one of these in a 4 mile radius of my house?!

Argos, B&Q, Sainsburys, Sainsburys Homebase, two Tescos, Maplin and anyone else I have forgotten about, lol.

One of the two I have came from Lidl's of all places but not had them since while the other was purchased in Sainsburys Homebase but did not have a single on in stock a few days back except for aa different manufacturer at double the price!!

I digress.

Back to the PHOTOS!...





No comments:

Post a Comment