Saturday 15 June 2013

PHALAENOPSIS HIEROGLYPHICA NEW ROOTS

My seedling Phalaenopsis hieroglyphica is starting to look more like less of a seedling and more like a plant mature enough to produce flowers.

But I still think it has one more leaf and a couple of months to go before it reaches that stage, if we get any warm weather that is?!?!

Still that biggest leaf is a fair size now and new roots are emerging so I expect a speed up in the leaf production to start in the next week or two!

If you happen to be comparing it with previous pictures on previous posts I should point out that the pot you see in these pictures is one that it was moved into recently one that is a standard size, 5 inch I think, that you will see all the hybrid Phalaenopsis Orchids in at your local supermarket!

Not the little ones either the standard size Moth Orchid pots as this is what it was from! So it has probably at least doubled in size.




No comments:

Post a Comment