Tuesday 4 June 2013

ORCHID NURSERY ADDITIONAL LIGHT


SO after trying to find an LED bulb for this glass nursery I gave up and bought the LED floodlight system I showed you in my last post.

AS a result of that I was able to remove TWO bulbs from the Orchid set up and then swing my Desk Light Fluorescent around to place over the nursery. I was able to remove a 7 watt Energy saving bulb from this nursery too.

Oddly though I saved energy while increasing light intensity on the Orchid main set up and overall the wattage has actually increased on the nursery because I removed a 7 watt fluorescent and added a 12 watt fluorescent?! LOL!

Still I have freed up an adaptor or two and now when I can next perform the task I can buy a GU10 LED bulb, which will be a great deal easier, or around 4 or 5 watts and save another 7 or 8 watts on top of the 10 watts I have already shaved off. It is possible that I may be able to loose the LED on the left too which would be another 2.8 watts.

Damn I just realised I actually already have several LED bulbs in my ceiling lights?!

LMAO IDIOT!



No comments:

Post a Comment