Saturday 15 June 2013

MINIATURE HYBRID PHALAENOPSIS

This is a very small miniature Phalaenopsis HYBRID that when I saw I had to buy because of its diminutive size?!

To give you an idea that large leaf on the left of the picture is also a hybrid Phalaenopsis I bought at a supermarket store! That is only one third of the leaf in the picture too!!

LMAO!

So a very small and as you can see very healthy, and wet, Phalaenopsis miniature I have had about three years, got a bit neglected year before last, and I now hope will flower. Though as the only available flower colour was not my favourite pink it will be more a sense of achievement than anything else.

Before you curse me I DID state MORE and not ONLY, lol.

Also if you think this is small for a Phalaenopsis miniature how about a Phalaensopsis TINY and NOT a hybrid?!

Yes my Phalaenopsis parishii, also blessed with the cursed pink flowers, is about HALF this size?! Probably find that it is from this species, and probably Phalaenopsis equestris, that these miniature hybrids are produced from. Also highly likely why the flowers seem to be exclusively pink.

There is a white one with a bit of orange that I had intended to order last year and did not! Damn it whatr was it called?!?!?! Anyway it has given me an idea and I may place an order for a couple of plants in the next few weeks?!?!


I think of the whole plant as a pseudobulb between the leaves and the stem.

Healthy smooth leaves and tall fattish stem, especially when the plant is side on, and I see this as fully watered and fed.

In plants deprived of water in Phalaenopsis if the leaves look slightly shrivelled I then look to the stem and study it side on. If it looks skinny I then know I have a lot of work to do if I buy the plant from a store!

No comments:

Post a Comment